Silence calms my soul. – An introvert
When you are an introvert, you have a quite hard life. As an introvert, I am supposed to be a social hater who suffers from soliloquy and never goes out. But let me tell you something, this is not true! Well, except for the soliloquy but this is something that most of us are struggling with. So, that’s okay… I guess.
But I am serious. Introverts don’t have the easiest life in the world. Especially when it comes to the socialisation.
This is something that makes us feel a little bit uncomfortable because it mostly ends up with some sort of awkward situation. Well, sometimes it’s funny but mostly it’s quite awkward for both sides.
Most of these clumsy situations may happen most of us but for introverts, it’s a double disaster. Let’s look at some of these extremely awkward situations that only introverts understand.
1. When you say “bye” but then you realise that the person is going in the same direction.
2. When you finally decide to say something really cool but the conversation has already moved to the next topic.
3. When you want to pick up something (e.g. shop) but you know there could be a big line right behind you, so you just walk away.
4. When your friend asks you a question in a big group of people but you just freeze because you don’t know what to say.
5. When your friends try to convince you to stay but you urgently need to “cook dinner”.
6. When people sing “Happy Birthday” song to you and you sit there like…f*ck.
7. When you need to call somewhere and you still repeat the talk.
8. When you want to take the elevator but see someone waiting for it. “I rather take the stairs, thanks”
9. When your friend is too loud and you are there like…”Oh my god, why I have to sit next to him?”
10. When one introvert meets another introvert.
Introvert people, can you relate to these awkward situations? What is the most awkward situation that every happened to you? Let’s share our memories.