This post was originally published on Nov, 27 2016.
Always make times for the things that make you feel happy to be alive. – Anonymous
In the first place, this post is not meant to be offensive. It’s just my opinion (as other stuff on this blog).
There are so many things that don’t matter. That don’t need our attention at all. Simply just because they just steal our energy from us and make us uncomfortable or maybe sad.
There is nothing worst than put so much effort and energy into things that, in the end, will not actually matter.
Whoever you are, minimalist or materialist, you have already found out (or you will, if you are a materialist) that a lot of things won’t make people happy. That there are a few things that people really need to be satisfied with – to be happy.
Your home is living space, not storage space. – Anonymous
I believe that I can find my happiness in the minimalism and little things. I try to eliminate things that don’t matter to me at all by focusing on things that make me fine and not sad. You know, my family, my boyfriend, my cat, books, inspiration, music, my blog or helping other people.
But what really doesn’t matter is
- how many followers do you have on Instagram,
- how many pairs of shoes are in your closet,
- your degree,
- how rich you are,
- what is your religion,
- which colour of phone you have,
- if you go by first class or the second,
- other people’s opinion,
- how big is your collection of Justin Bieber’s posters,
- which type of phone you have,
- which label do you wear,
- how was your report card on the primary school,
- how much money do you earn (you are an amazing person without being a billionaire),
- if you are blond hair or brown hair.
…and the list goes on. It all depends on your point of view. Instead of these things, we should focus on things that really matter. Like, family or love.
Which things really matter to you?